Have you heard of FastCasual.com? It’s a wealth of knowledge for anyone interested in the multi-faceted restaurant and food sectors which are shaping the way the general public eats. Fast Casual is a term similar to Fast Food – think the Chipoltles and Paneras of the world.
Jenny had the opportunity to meet with Cherryh Cansler, Managing Editor of FastCasual.com. They talk about the ever growing food truck movement and how it could revolutionize Jenny’s smalltown baseball concession stand. Cherryh shares new technologies on the food scene (ie., Fresh Fruit/Veggie Smoothies) and the controversy behind kiosk ordering – ATM machine meets McDonald’s.
- 1:00 – What does Fast Casual mean?
- 2:10 – How have food trucks changed the food scene? Even Arby’s has a food truck!
- 3:03 – Making seafood sexy
- 5:30 – Food trucks and baseball. The perfect match?
- 6:40 – There are only so many hot dogs you can eat during a baseball season. Are you with me?
- 7:30 – Food trucks are the new thing for wedding receptions!?
- 7:51 – Jeremy Wolf
- 9:04 – The Rock Stars of Social Media
- 9:40 – New technologies for Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- 10:55 – Great news! Food ordering kiosks are not putting people out of work
- 12:08 – How has technology impacted mom and pop businesses?
- 13:17 – Let’s talk about food waste – with smoothie and salad machines increase food waster?
Find additional information about today’s guest, CherryH Cansler, visit