Discussing AgTech and how out of touch with reality Food Tank speakers seem to be...
Today's guest brews her coffee as Jenny is working on making supper. What began as acquaintances on Twitter has grown to a friendship like no other connected by Skype.
Meg Kummerow shares her expertise in AgTech, as we discuss her background growing up with cattle. While explaining the cattle ranch, Meg has to give Jenny a lesson on the word mustard.
The discussion travels through a recent tweet derived from Food Tank's latest event. Initiated by a speaker, the tweet states technology in food and agriculture is the last frontier.
Listen in to catch their opinions on the tweet as well as setting goals for 2018.
- 1:50 - Australian Summer Grains Conference vs. US's Commodity Classic
- 3:10 - Last measurable rain was March of 2017
- 5:00 - Meg teaches Jenny a new word
- 6:50 - Making the difficult decision to sell the farm
- 8:40 - Chad Colby introduces Meg to drones
- 10:00 - Meg and Jenny give their opinions on out-of-touch food 'experts'
- 16:37 - Dominos Drone Delivery coming to a farm near you...we hope.
- 17:30 - Rural communications and mental health in Australia and the U.S.
At the end of this show, you'll learn about up and coming changes to Keeping Ag Real.
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to listen and subscribe!